It’s mid-January; how are you doing on your resolution to lose weight and get in better shape?
If you are like most people, not very well. However, if you want to get rid of that spare tire around your middle, all it may take is eating more of these five belly fat-burning foods!
- Eggs – Conventional wisdom once said to avoid eggs if you want to eat healthy and lose weight. However, now we know otherwise; not only do eggs NOT raise your bad cholesterol, as was once thought they are a great source of protein, and they have a high “satiety” factor, which means they make you feel fuller, so you eat less.
- Avocados – There are good fats and bad fats, and avocados are one of the good guys! Research shows that avocados can positively alter how belly fat is distributed, particularly in women. A recent study found that women who ate avocados as part of a daily meal saw a reduction in their visceral fat, the deeper belly fat that’s harder to get rid of.
- Kale – Research identifies Kale as a fight-burning superfood. According to a 2022 study, individuals who consume more kale experience greater weight loss than those who avoid green leafy vegetables.
- Hot Peppers – Hot peppers can raise your metabolism and help you lose weight. They also contain capsaicin, the compound that gives them their hot flavor. It also suppresses appetite and can help your body burn more fat.
- Dark Berries – Dark-skinned berries such as strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries are loaded with antioxidants and are also powerful fat burners; there is also some evidence that these kinds of berries could impact genes that manage fat burn and storage in your body.
So if you want to turn your body into a fat-burning machine, try adding more of these five foods into its fuel tank!